Fool-Proof Your Communications
Communication skills form the basis of how people perceive you and your ideas.
Communications can make or break your effectiveness with staff, peers, customers, and suppliers alike. Many supervisors, mangers and team leaders take their ability to communicate effectively for granted. The best results and the best relationships are grounded on open, honest, direct, respectful and convincing communication.
This presentation is designed to be interactive and fun. Participants will become familiar with the three levels of communication and how to effectively manage each. It has been effectively delivered to Revenue Canada, Centra Gas, Great West Life, Investors Group, Winnipeg Airport Authority Remax Ceridian, BFI Waste Systems, University of Manitoba, Shaw Cable, Cambridge Leasehold Oxford Development MLCC, Manitoba Hydro, the City of Winnipeg, and the Bank of Montreal.
Barbara Mills is an award-winning CBC journalist, a professional speaker and story teller.
She has a gift for connecting with her audiences, and is almost always asked back.
Communication skills are essential for instilling change initiatives, quality service delivery, effective teamwork, achieving results, creating a good working environment, motivating people, eliminating errors, increasing accuracy and safety in the workplace, resolving conflicts and inter-active problem solving.
The presentation may be customized by the client to cover:
- Where, when and how mis-communication starts
- Non-verbal and verbal skills
- Unintended messages we send to others through: tone, pace
- Questioning effectively to gather all messages and information
- The use of the 4-step formula for fool-proof communications
- Coaching and redirecting staff...even in front of customers and other staff
- Communicating effectively without persuasion or coercion
More Information: 1.866.420.3338 or 780.455.3338